Perak Forestry Department - Functions of the Department
- Advise the State Authority in the administration of forest resources for income generation maximum.
- Manage the Permanent Forest Reserve perfectly in line with the concept of sustainable forest management.
- Implement development efforts, conservation and regeneration through proper silvicultural practices in order to produce high yields of forest areas Permanent Forest Reserve.
- Control and coordinate the licensing of all types of wood-based industries.
- Implement the policies of forest law enforcement.
Administration and Finance:
- Responsible in all aspects of administration, finance and service.
- Designing, implementing and managing development projects and forest management to ensure the forest is always beneficial and ongoing interest to socio-economic development of the country.
- Controlling the work of forest harvesting, collection of revenue, the timber industry and forest law enforcement.
District Forest Office
- Responsible for improving the implementation of the functions of the State Forestry Department, forestry administration in the state was divided into districts and forest renj charge of administration at the district level and renj forest harvesting and operational control of wood-based industry, revenue collection, law enforcement and the implementation of forestry forest management and development activities in the field.